In the event of a claim, you need to please:
The sooner you notify us, the quicker we can assist you.
- Report your claim or any incident that may lead to a possible claim as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after any incident(date of loss)
- Report any accident, theft or hi-jacking within 24 hours- 48 hours to us as well as the nearest police station.
- Submit all documentation relating to your claim as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days.
Tell the police
- If you have been involved in a car accident, you must report it to the police within 24-48 hours, even if there is no damage to your car or if the third party claims that there will be no claim from their side.
- If you have suffered a theft, hi-jacking, burglary or any crime related event, you must tell the police of this as soon as possible, but no later than 24-48 hours after becoming aware of the incident.
Do the paperwork
You will need to provide us with a copy of:
- The correct completed claim form.
- The police report.
- Police case number.
- Details of the police station and the attending officer.
- A detailed list of all items lost, stolen or damaged.
- Any other relevant documentation i.e. replacement quotes, photos etc.
- Details of any third party involved in the incident, if applicable.
Check and let us know
If there is any other insurance policy which covers the same insured event.
Keep us updated
You need to tell us immediately if:
- You become aware of any possible prosecution, legal proceedings or claim that could be lodged against you as a result of the incident.
- Any other relevant or new information has in the meantime come to light regarding the insured event that you claimed for, even if this information only surfaces after you have submitted the claim, or if the claim has already been finalized.
Wait for us to help you
- Never permit any replacement or repairs that have not yet been authorized by us.
- Get our written approval first before disposing of any damaged property.
You need to act on or take note of the following:
- Paying all the excess amounts plus any additional excess amounts that you will have to contribute for each claim, if relevant as shown on your policy schedule.
- The excess amount that you will have to pay will consist of:
- The basic excess amount that applies to each specific insured event/ item, plus;
- Any additional excess amount that may be applicable for certain of the insured events or circumstances, the details of both which are shown on your policy schedule.
- Excess payments are also payable in circumstances where you did not cause the accident
- Complying with our instruction and requests as and when we need your assistance.
Let us take care of the difficult part
Never admit guilt or offer a settlement to any other party involved in an incident in which you are involved. We will not be bound by any such admission or offer that you make.